Our 2025 Vision
Reading School will be 900 years old in 2025. Our vision for 2025 is that Reading School will be recognised as world class school, a world leader in the education of young people aged 11 to 18.
What do we need to become world class?
Reading School is already recognised as one of the leading state secondary schools in the country. Our students' examination results, their university destinations, and ultimately their professional careers, are proof that we already provide a great education and preparation for life.
However, we want more for our students. We also want them to be recognised for their leadership skills, their striving for excellence, their integrity, listening skills, giving back to the community, and a level of social and emotional maturity that will enable them to become truly inspiring leaders both at school and in their future lives.
In order to help them get there, we need to invest in the school so that we can: -
- Provide students with the opportunities for enrichment and leadership skills that will augment their academic achievements
- Strengthen the skills of our staff at all levels, so that they can support students academically and pastorally
- Improve school facilities to a standard that will enable us to deliver the highest quality education
- Build a strong school community, including students, staff, parents, alumni, and other supporters who will share our world class vision.
- Share good practice with other schools, and learn from others
If you would like to find out more about our plans, please have a look at our other development pages, or contact Frances Greaney on 0118 9015600, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.