Our 2025 Vision
Reading School will be 900 years old in 2025. Our vision for 2025 is that Reading School will be recognised as world class school, a world leader in the education of young people aged 11 to 18.
Reading School is already recognised as one of the leading state secondary schools in the UK. Our students' examination results, their university destinations, and ultimately their professional careers, are proof that we already provide a great education and preparation for life.
However, we want more for our students. We also want them to be recognised for their leadership skills, the excellence of their achievements, their integrity, and their contribution to the school and to the wider community. In other words, we want them to have a level of social and emotional maturity that will enable them to become truly inspiring leaders.
In order to help them get there, we need to invest in the school so that we can: -
- Provide students with the opportunities for enrichment and leadership skills that will augment their academic achievements
- Improve school facilities to a standard that will enable us to deliver the highest quality education
- Strengthen the skills of our staff at all levels, so that they can support students academically and pastorally
- Build a strong school community, including students, staff, parents, alumni, and other supporters who will share our world class vision.
- Share good practice with other schools, and learn from others
If you would like to find out more about our plans, please have a look at our other development pages, or contact Frances Greaney on 0118 9015600, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.