Reading School provides over 40 extra-curricular activities for students each week. They are a vital part of the rounded education that we offer to gifted students. Activities enhance learning beyond the classroom, and help to inspire excellence, integrity and leadership. They include:
- Sports, such as Badminton, Cricket, Rugby, Football, and Lacrosse
- Service activities, including CCF and Community Service
- Arts, Drama, Debating, Public Speaking and Music
- Clubs and Societies, as diverse as Computing and Robotics, Astronomy, Science and Technology, Languages, Geography, and Enterprise
- Spirituality and Contemplation, including Christian Union, Philosophy and other discussion groups
Most activities are run voluntarily by staff, but there are some extra costs that can’t be met from public funding. Each year, we need to raise around £60,000 to cover expenses such as materials, specialist coaching and transport.
If you would like to make a contribution, you can do so by downloading and completing a donation form, and returning it to the Development Office, with your donation or standing order instruction. You can also make a tax effective donation online via our online giving pages.