When boys join the Reading School family, they do so for life. The education, friendships and life lessons they gain at school help them develop into dynamic, purposeful young men who excel in higher education and the world of work. Old Redingensians are diverse and they share the same sense of kinship towards the Reading School family, and are graciously welcomed when they return.
Keeping in Touch with Reading School
Once students leave Reading School, they join a global network Old Redingensians. The Society team stay in touch with our alumni to organise events, reunions and generate support for Reading School. The best way to engage with the Reading School family is by doing the following:
- Join Reading School alumni via LinkedIn to connect with a world of opportunities through people and knowledge (over 600 Alumni and over 1000 followers);
- Complete the Keep In Touch with Reading School form to ensure we have the most up-to-date details for you and select those areas you are most interested in;
- If you would consider being a ‘Reading School Alumni Ambassador’ for your year group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This is not an onerous task, but you would be the main point of contact between Reading School and your year group for important events such as reunions, by creating a year group Facebook page etc.
Giving back to the Reading School family
Old Boys are always welcome back, and the Reading School family is grateful for any help to advance the school’s mission to build good men. The school is always open to new ideas, and some ways of giving back include:
- Representing a profession at the Careers Convention or other careers related events
- Giving talks to inspire boys on topics such as careers, research, or university
- Mentoring boys for life after school through through university and job applications
- Donating to Reading School to maintain and improve standards of education and facilities
- Jas Chhokar (Society Manager)
- E: email@example.com
- T: 0118 901 5600