Mission, Vision & Values
To be a World Class, distinctive boys school, day and boarding, maintaining high academic standards and nurturing integrity and leadership.
Our Core Values
- Striving to achieve the best we can in all we do. To inspire learning and leadership together
- Reading School boys value the acquisition of knowledge of the truth and the quest for excellence through intellectual curiosity, creativity and growth. They should be enthusiastic and enjoy learning for the intellectual challenge
- Doing the right thing, commitment, respect for oneself, others and the environment, utilising knowledge and understanding wisely – thereby enabling informed decisions and the quest for truth and freedom
- Reading School boys will be fine young men of integrity, principle and character who support each other in their quest for excellence
- A dynamic sense of purpose, dedicated to working with and for others
- Reading School boys demonstrate a spirit of loyalty, commitment, compassion, humour and community
Our Strategic Direction
Our strategic direction retains and extends the strength and distinctive characteristics of Reading School, realising the full potential in each student.
We aim to:
- Develop young men who will have the courage and integrity to uphold moral values, serve and inspire others and be leaders in their families, communities and internationally
- Support Reading School boys in developing resilience and skills to meet the challenges of life
- Ensure that Reading School boys leave as young men that are intellectually and emotionally prepared for higher education and the world of work.
- Be an academic school, an inspiring and enjoyable place of learning and scholarship
- Provide teaching that is rigorous, challenging and intellectually engaging.
- Provide the setting where the skills of friendship are developed and the importance of community recognised through participation in a wide range of activities.
- Recruit and develop the best teachers and associate staff that we can to deliver our strategic and operational goals.
Working for Reading School
Reading School……."has a real sense of community and helps students reach the highest of academic standards as well as developing a keen sense of purpose and responsibility…..Teaching is truly inspirational…The Curriculum is outstanding "
- 46 Oxbridge/Medical successes in 2013
- Sunday Times State School of the Year 2010
- At GCSE (Summer 2014) placed third nationally of all state schools, based on average point score, the highest ranked boys school in England
- At A Level (Summer 2014) placed sixth nationally of all state schools, based on average point score, the second highest ranked all boys school in England.
- OFSTED "Outstanding", "The personal support for all students is outstanding”
- A level results showing consistently 90% A*/B grades
- Almost 140 Oxbridge successes over last six years
- Successful applications to Ivy League Universities in USA
- Sutton Trust Top 10 State School for proportion of students accepted at Oxbridge - 2013
- Sutton Trust Top 100 School for proportion of students accepted at Highly Selective Universities -2013
- Ofsted Boarding Inspection “Outstanding” March 2014
- “Reading School should be congratulated for their exceptional achievement. They have proved themselves to be leading the field in improving GCSE outcomes for their students. There is so much good practice that this school could share….” SSAT April 2014