Red Warning for Wind – Reading School moving to Remote Learning for all Year Groups Friday 18th February
Red warning for Wind is in force from 1000 to 1500 today, Friday 18 February.
The Met Office has now issued a Red Warning for wind the South East of England, including Reading.
As a result we have made the operational decision to move to remote learning for all year groups for today Friday 18 February.
The school site will remain open for Boarders only.
The safety of the Reading School community will always be our utmost priority.
Please take care at home as the Red warning means that we should expect:
- Flying debris resulting in danger to life
- Damage to buildings and homes, with roofs blown of and power lines brought down
- Roads and railways closed
- Cancellations to bus and train services
- Power cuts affecting other services, such as mobile phone coverage.
Click the link https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/ for latest weather updates.
Please be safe, and we thank you for your support.